Recipe: Sauteed Chicken with Sage Butter Sauce
May 12, 2011 07:58PM
● By Anonymous
Sauteed Chicken with Sage Butter Sauce
adapted from myrecipes.com
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken (I used tenders, because that's what I had in the fridge)
2 shallots, finely chopped
3 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup white wine
1 tablespoon fresh sage, chopped
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook until browned on both sides. Remove from skillet.
2. Melt the butter in the skillet. Add the shallots and cook until golden.
3. Add the wine and sage. Simmer the sauce for five minutes, allowing the sage to flavor the sauce.
4. Return the chicken to the pan. Cover and cook until chicken is no longer pink in the middle.
5. Squeeze the lemon juice over the chicken and sauce, and then season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
I served this dish with a strawberry-spinach salad and a side of orzo.