Art in Nature Photo Festival
Jun 10, 2011 04:50PM
● By Anonymous
Photographers of all levels are invited to submit their photos for the competition in one of three divisions: youth, amateur or professional, and in any of the five categories; birds, plants and animals other than birds, landscape/scenery, threatened wildlife or environments, and macro photography.
Photographers of all skill levels also have an opportunity to participate in lectures, seminars and workshops lead by professional photographers from August 13-14.
Vendors selling fine art photography occupy a marketplace while a wide variety of cameras and equipment will be availalable at the festival’s public trade show.
Photo Contest Rules:
1. To enter the contest: Mail-ins accepted July 25-August 11, and on-site registration at the Ward Museum, Friday, August 12.
2. The contest is open to any amateur or professional photographer except contest judges, employees or board members of the Ward Museum of Wildfowl Art and their immediate families.
3. All photos are to be submitted in printed format with maximum dimensions of 11 inches by 14 inches, matting or mounting not allowed.
4. The entries are displayed on Friday from 5-7 p.m. (during the opening reception), Saturday and Sunday. Entries are judged on Saturday evening and winning photos hung in the museum for Sunday viewing. Winning photos remain hung in the museum for up to three months.
5. All pictures must be original photographs. They must accurately reflect the subject matter as it appeared in the viewfinder with nothing added to an image and, aside from dust spots, nothing taken away, and all photos must have been taken within the last two years.
6. A professional is defined as a person who sells his or her photos and/or teaches photography. The youth division is for non-professional photographers, ages 17 and under as of August 12, 2011. All entries must fit into one of the five listed categories.
7. Entries will be judged on basis of originality and uniqueness, creativity, content, composition and photographic quality. All decisions by the judges are final.
For more information call 410-742-4988, ext. 120, or visit the Ward Museum Web site at www.wardmuseum.org.