Delicious Food at Best of Annapolis & Eastern Shore
Jun 17, 2011 04:24PM ● Published by Anonymous
- Deep Creek Restaurant, in Arnold, won for best Maryland Crab Soup. They served both the soup and a delicious crab-and-tomato bruschetta.
- Ken's Creative Kitchen, in Annapolis, won for Best Caterer and Best Chef. They had an amazing mini-crab cake on top of a cracker. I spent a moment with the drummer and bassist for the Doug Segree band while they tried the dish, and they were raving about it. I was, too, when I tried a bite!
- Rocco's Pizzeria, in Annapolis, won for Best Pizza, and fittingly served three types of slices. One word: Yum.
- Mitchum's Steakhouse, in Trappe, won for Best Steak on the Shore, so they served little steak sandwiches, plus one-bite carrot cakes.
- Harbour Lights, in St. Michaels, won for Best Chef on the Shore. Winner David Hayes was there, offering corn and crab fritters.
- Fisherman's Inn, in Grasonville, winner of multiple categories (Classic Shore Dishes, Crabcake, and Seafood), offered up both a calamari salad and shrimp and grits. The shrimp happened to be my first tasting, and I was starving, but it was top-notch.
- O'Learys, in Eastport, won for Best Seafood. Surprisingly, they chose to serve land-based fare, but it was a delicious creamy mushrooms and escargot dish. I really thought that was courageous, considering how many inexperienced eaters might shy away from escargot. However, I loved it.