One Week Until Thanksgiving
Nov 17, 2011 05:00PM ● Published by Anonymous
So here's my Thanksgiving plan, written mostly to keep my sanity -- but if it helps you along the way, that's just a secondary benefit. If you need more help than I can give you, here are some helpful resources I've compiled for you. Click away!
If you missed my Thanksgiving Day Menu, click here.
- The One-Week Thanksgiving Plan // AllRecipes.com
- Let's Talk Turkey Tips // Whatsupmag.com
- Butterball FAQ // Butterball.com
- A Stuffing to Give Thanks For // Whatsupmag.com
- Alternate Turkey preparations // USDA.gov
- Jazz Up Your Thanksgiving with New Recipes // Whatsupmag.com
Kelsey's One-Week-Til-Thanksgiving Plan
- Transfer the turkey from the freezer to the fridge to allow five days for thawing (it's nearly a 21-pound turkey)
- Visit Corridor Wine & Spirits in Laurel with my husband to pick out beverages. (Annapolis residents, Bin201 and Wine Cellars of Annapolis are both great options with knowledgeable staffs.)
- Go grocery shopping for the items I haven't purchased yet ... namely, everything except the turkey. I didn't prepare as much as I thought I might...
- Make the pumpkin pie and refrigerate.
- Make the mashed potatoes and refrigerate.
- Make the corn casserole and refrigerate, unbaked.
- Make the autumn sangria and refrigerate.
- Cook the green beans and store in the fridge.
- Set the table.
- Into the oven the turkey goes! A 20-pound turkey should take between 3.5 and 4 hours, so I will put it in just after 10 a.m.
- Make the cran-apple relish and store it in the fridge
- Make the sweet potato salad and store it in the fridge.
- Make the stuffing and store in the fridge.
- Take the turkey out at 2 p.m. and let it rest.
- Put the corn casserole in to bake for 30 minutes.
- Make the mushroom sauce for the green beans, keep warm on the stove.
- Turn the heat on the oven down to warm and heat up the mashed potatoes, sweet potato salad, and stuffing.
- Make the gravy for the turkey.
- 3 p.m. (-ish): SERVE DINNER!