Recipe: Pumpkin Spice Latte
Sep 05, 2012 07:53PM ● Published by Anonymous
I could actually do with adding more pumpkin to the recipe than I had in the latte pictured above, but it all depends on your taste. While this recipe calls for 1 tablespoon pumpkin, I plan to bump it up to two — or even three, if I'm feeling daring! — next time I make it.
- 1/2 cup milk (whole tastes better, but skim saves on calories)
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened canned pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extra
- 1 cup strong, brewed coffee
- 2 tablespoons cream (or half and half)
- 1 teaspoon granulated white sugar
Combine the milk, pumpkin, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla in a microwave-safe bowl or measuring glass. Microwave for two minutes, or until the milk is hot and frothy. Pour the milk mixture in a mug and add the coffee and cream. Stir in the white sugar. Taste and add extra sugar, if desired. Top with whipped cream if you're feeling frisky.