Grown Up's Roasted Mushroom Mac and Cheese
Sep 17, 2012 06:31PM
● By Anonymous
- • 8 ounces cremini mushrooms
- • 1 tablespoon olive oil
- • Salt and pepper
- • 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- • 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- • 2 teaspoons fresh oregano, chopped
- • 8 ounces elbow macaroni
- • 1 tablespoon butter
- • 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- • 1 small can evaporated milk
- • 4 ounce fontina cheese, shredded
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Toss together the mushrooms, olive oil and garlic cloves in a small bowl, and spread it out on a baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper. Roast for 15 to 20 minutes.
While the mushrooms are roasting, cook the macaroni according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the flour and whisk, and then gradually whisk in the evaporated milk. Cook for about six minutes, until the mixture is thick and bubbly. Add the cheese, and season to taste.
Remove the pan from heat. Add the mushrooms and the pasta, and then spoon it into a 2-quart baking dish. Bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes.