Apple Cinnamon Pecan Monkey Bread
Sep 21, 2012 04:12PM ● Published by Anonymous
Making this flavorful treat is easy even for beginner bakers, especially with the help of Auntie Anne's Apple Cinnamon At-Home Baking Kit. With step-by-step instructions and all the key ingredients you need, each kit lets you bake a number of tasty treats, such as an Apple Tart, Apple Cinnamon Soft Pretzels, or this Apple Cinnamon Pecan Monkey Bread.
Apple Cinnamon Pecan Monkey Bread (Pull-Apart Bread)
Mix time: 5 minutes
Rise time: 30 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Bake time: 45 to 55 minutes
- • 1 Auntie Anne's Apple Cinnamon Baking Kit (Visit AuntieAnnes.com)
- • Flour (for dusting)
- • Nonstick Spray
- • 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- • 1 1/2cups whole or chopped pecans
- • 1 cup (2 sticks) melted butter
- • 3 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- • Bundt pan
- You will not need the baking soda packet for this recipe. In a large bowl, dissolve contents of 1 yeast packet (from kit) in 1 1/4 cups lukewarm tap water. Let sit about 2 minutes. Add 1 dough mix and 1 apple cinnamon oat blend to yeast/water mixture (also from kit); combine until dough ball forms. If using an electric mixer, follow Step 1 using a large mixing bowl. Using an electric mixer fitted with dough hook attachment, turn on low speed for 1 minute. Increase speed to medium-low and continue mixing for 4 more minutes. Dough should form a soft, smooth, and slightly tacky ball. Continue to Step 3.
- Turn dough ball onto lightly floured surface and knead approximately 5 to 7 minutes. Add a small amount of flour if dough is too sticky. Place dough ball into large greased bowl.
- Coat a sheet of plastic wrap with nonstick spray and place on top of dough ball, tucking sides down around dough (to prevent dough from drying out). Place bowl in a warm spot (85 to 95°F) for 30 minutes so the dough can rest (i.e.: place bowl by a sunny window, on top of or near a warm oven, or on top of a refrigerator).
Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, mix together the melted butter, brown sugar, and contents of cinnamon sugar packet (from kit).
- Place half the pecans in bottom of greased Bundt pan. Tear the risen dough into 45 to 50 pieces and roll each piece into a 1-inch ball.
- Place half the dough balls into the pan on top of the pecans. Then pour half the cinnamon-sugar-butter mixture on top of the dough balls.
- Place remaining pecans in pan and follow with remaining dough balls and cinnamon sugar butter mixture.
- Bake 45 to 55 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool in pan 5 minutes. Invert onto serving plate. Best served warm.