Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars
Sep 21, 2012 04:30PM ● Published by Anonymous
- • 1 cups all-purpose flour
- • 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- • 1/2 cup butter, softened
- • 4 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- • 3/4 cup sugar, plus 2 tablespoons, divided
- • 4 large eggs
- • 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- • 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- • 3 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and finely chopped
- • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- • 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- • 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- • 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup quick cooking oats
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup caramel topping
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Mix together the flour and brown sugar in a medium-sized bowl, and then use a pastry blender to cut a half-cup of softened butter. Line a 9x13 pan with foil, and press the crumbly mixture into the pan to create a crust. Bake for 15 minutes, or until it's lightly browned.
Use an electric mixture to beat the cream cheese with 3/4 cup sugar until smooth. Add the eggs one at a time, and then mix in the vanilla. Pour the cream cheese mixture over the crust.
In another bowl, mix the apples – which should be chopped into very small pieces – with the sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg, and then layer it over the cream cheese.
In one last bowl, combine 3/4 cup brown sugar, oats, and soften butter to create the streusel topping. Mix it thoroughly to ensure the butter is integrated with the sugar and oats. Sprinkle the streusel over the apples, and then place the pan into a preheated oven. Bake for 55 to 60 minutes, or until the filling is set.
Let it cool, and then place in the fridge to chill for at least two hours. When it's thoroughly chilled, drizzle it with caramel topping. (If you drizzle with caramel while warm, it will sink into the bars too much.) Remove the bars from the pan by lifting the foil, and then cut them into 16 squares.