Mocha Brownies with Coffee Frosting
Sep 28, 2012 04:38PM
● By Anonymous
For the brownies
- • 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- • 1 teaspoon baking powder
- • 1/2 teaspoon salt
- • 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- • 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- • 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- • 4 teaspoons instant espresso powder
- • 2 eggs, plus one egg yolk
- • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8-inch baking pan lined with parchment paper.
Whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt in a small bowl, and set it aside.
Melt the butter in small saucepan over medium-low heat. Add the chopped chocolate, stirring constantly, until it’s melted and smooth. Scrape it into a medium-sized bowl and whisk in the granulated and brown sugars and espresso powder. Add the eggs and yolk and vanilla extract, and then fold in the flour mixture until the batter is combined.
Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until an inserted knife comes out clean. Allow to cool completely before frosting.
For the frosting
- • 1/2 cup butter, softened
- • 1 teaspoon vanilla
- • 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- • 1 1/2 tablespoons milk
- • 2 teaspoons instant coffee or espresso
Cream the butter and vanilla with an electric mixture. Add the powdered sugar and beat to combine thoroughly. Dissolve the coffee in the milk, and add it to the mixture. Beat until the frosting is light and fluffy.