What to Do for Mother's Day Weekend
May 09, 2013 06:24PM ● Published by Anonymous
If your mother is the type of mom who enjoys food and beverages, presumably all of ours do, here are some local venues she will enjoy:
• Chesapeake Beach Resort will have buffets of all sorts to celebrate Mother’s Day Weekend. There will be breakfast, dinner and holiday style buffets as well as a family style dinner. Visit Chesapeakebeachresortspa.com/mothers-day.htm for more details on the offers.
• Mother’s Day Brunch at Hyatt Regency of the Chesapeake Bay‘s Water’s Edge Grill in Cambridge. This buffet brunch will last from 11 a.m.-3 p.m. and has two seatings at 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. Price is $50 per person (includes Champagne, Bloody Mary’s, and Mimosas for those 21 and over) with children between four and 12 years of age only $25. Children three and younger are free. Reservations are required. Please call 410-901-6400 for reservations.
• In Washington, D.C., 876 Café is hosting a Mother's Day Brunch with Jazz Vocalist Cecily Miles. A prefixed menu includes your choice of an appetizer, main entrée and a dessert. The brunch and performance costs $30 for adults and $15 for children.
If you think your mother has earned some pampering then there’s a nice, relaxing option for you.
• Leisure Creations has an exciting spa cruise planned for Sunday. Enjoy a Spa & Brunch Cruise that departs from Annapolis City Dock at 3 p.m. You and mom have your choice of two spa treatments. Proceeds will help benefit My Sisters’ Place. Visit 2013mothersdaycruise.com for more details.
Does mom have a hankering for competition? There is no shortage of sporting events taking place this weekend.
• For a local sports fan on Mother’s Day, what can be better than rocking the red with mom at the Washington Capitals Game 5 playoff game at the Verizon Center on Friday night?
• The Washington Nationals will be playing the Chicago Cubs at Nationals Park on Mother’s Day.
• Have something planned for Sunday but still want some weekend sports action? The Chesapeake Bayhawks will be hosting their second home game of the season Saturday night.
For moms who like to spend some time out on the water, rejoice.
• The Schooner Woodwind is hosting a Mother’s Day Brunch Sail taking off from the Annapolis Marriott Waterfront Hotel at 11 a.m. The sail includes one free Bloody Mary or Mimosa along with food options such as homemade scones, quiche lorraine squares, baked citrus salmon with hearty bread, grilled flank steak, fresh fruit salad, and homemade biscotti.
• If you’d like to give mom a trip on the water and a taste of the nation’s capital, then Capital Yacht Charters has a cruise for you. Their Saturday Mother’s Day Cruise will take off from Washington Marina off of Maine Avenue at 3 p.m. and return at 6 p.m. Price includes a three hour cruise, food, one drink ticket and a chair massage. Guests can also purchase cosmetic makeovers.
Does mom need a good laugh?
• Federal House will have Mother's Day Eve with Free Range Improv on Saturday evening. Tickets are only $10 in advance and $15 at the door. Visit Federalhouserestaurant.com or Freerangeimprov.com for more information.