Have a Hearty Valentine's Weekend
Feb 12, 2014 03:47PM ● Published by Cate Reynolds
Ladies and gentlemen, that time of year is upon us. Love is in the air this weekend for that special holiday adorned in red and pink.
The First Annual Shades of Red Fun Run & Crawl will take place at The Annapolis Towne Centre to help raise awareness for heart health month. Participants in this free event are encouraged to wear red and can purchase up to four beverage tickets for $1 each during registration. Those tickets allot them a free draft beer or house wine that night only. Stop by visitatc.com for more race info.
Speaking of cardio, the Severna Park Community Center will offer Heartbeat for Health, a four-hour event promoting heart health on Saturday at 10 a.m. This event will help promote positive lifestyle changes and offers health screenings, samplings of healthy snacks as well as exercise and dance demonstrations.
Rams Head on Stage will hold a Valentine’s Day Heart Health Foundation Benefit featuring the band Foreplay on Friday at 8 p.m.
The Joe Alterman Trio will be performing upbeat jazz at the Academy Art Museum in Easton on Valentine’s night at 8 p.m.
If you love to sing but aren’t particularly good at it, hire a singing Valentine for your sweetheart on Friday or Saturday, thanks to Chesapeake Harmony Chorus. Visit chesapeakeharmony.org or 410-647-0401 to find out how to sweep your significant other off their feet through the power of song.
Libraries throughout Anne Arundel County will hold these family-oriented Valentine’s events:
- Valentine Make and Take at Broadneck Community Library
- A Sweet Treat at North County Area Library
- Valentine's Day Delight at Brooklyn Park Community Library
- Family Movie Night at Linthicum Community Library
- Date Night: Casablanca at Deale Community Library
- Be Mine, Valentine! at Mountain Road Community Library
For a great weekend Valentine’s getaway, check out Chesapeake Beach Resort & Spa’s weekend offerings.
- “Amore” Couples Massage
- Special Valentine’s Day Package
- Valentine's Weekend Dinner Specials
- Prime Rib Dinner Specials at Smokey Joe’s Grill
Looking for last-minute Valentine’s dinner plans? Check out some of our favorite spots:
- Bartlett Pear Inn
- Boatyard Bar & Grill
- Broadneck Grill
- Brasserie Brightwell
- Chart House
- Harris Crab House
- Lewnes‘ Steakhouse
- Mike and Eric’s Bay Hundred Restaurant
- Miss Shirley’s
- Piazza Italian Market
- Pusser’s Caribbean Grille
- Robert Morris Inn
- The Point Crab House and Grill
- Two Tree Restaurant