Rock Out, Pick Crabs, and Keep Summer Rolling!
Jul 10, 2014 04:00PM ● Published by Jake Russell
Just because you had a blast (literally and figuratively) last weekend doesn’t mean there’s no more fun to be had the rest of the summer. Take this weekend for instance.
Annapolis Summer Garden Theatre is in the midst of their three-show season with their current production “SHOUT! The Mod Musical” performing Thursdays through Sundays at 8:30 p.m. The play is about five women ranging from their 20’s to their 40’s during the female revolution of 1960’s England at the height of the swing dancing craze.
Annapolis Towne Centre continues its Friday Night Summer Concert Series with The Reagan Years performing from 7-8:30 p.m. This week, there’s an added incentive with a “Rockin’ Raffle” to benefit the SPCA of Anne Arundel County. The winner will qualify for more than $700 in gift cards, services and merchandise from ATC merchants.
If you’re headed down to Ocean City, why not check out Sundaes in the Park, beginning Sunday from 7-9 p.m. on 125th Street? The ice cream social begins Sunday and continues through August 24th. This week’s musical performance is from the Key West Band, a tribute to the legendary Jimmy Buffett. Mike Rose will be performing his magic show for the kids in attendance.
The Maryland Science Center in Baltimore will host its first of four Patio Parties for a night of family-friendly musical acts, food, soft drinks, beer, and wine on Friday from 5-8 p.m. The Herd of Main Street will be this week’s musical guest.
Anyone looking for a more local feel should head to Patuxent Wetland Park in Lothian for Community Day on the Water on Saturday from 10 a.m.-1 p.m. Guests can enjoy a day of kayaking, fishing, crafts, and more.
Lovers of classical music will enjoy the NSO National Trustees' NSO Summer Music Institute Orchestra this Sunday at 6 p.m. at the Kennedy Center in Washington, D.C. The show features performances of Saint-Saëns:"Bacchanale" from Samson et Dalila, Op. 47 and Rimsky - Korsakov: Scheherazade, Op. 35.
The Debbie Davies Band will be performing Friday from 8-10 p.m. at the Garfield Center for the Arts as the closing act for the first part of the Chestertown Blues Series season.
Here are some more cool events to enjoy:
- Loose Ties – Thursday, July 10, 8:30 p.m. at Irish Channel, Gambrills.
- Live! Ladies Night with Eleven Eleven – Thursday, July 10, 9 p.m. at Rams Head Center Stage, Hanover.
- 2nd Fridays in Berlin – Friday, July 11, 5 p.m. in Downtown Berlin.
- Bruno Mars & Aloe Blacc – Friday, July 11, 7 p.m. at Jiffy Lube Live, Bristow.
- Baltimore Orioles vs. New York Yankees – Friday, July 11, and Saturday July 12, 7:05 p.m. at Oriole Park at Camden Yards, Baltimore.
- U.S. Naval Academy Junior Leadership Tour – Saturday, July 12, 9 a.m. at USNA Visitor Center, Annapolis.
- Waugh Chapel Towne Centre Saturday Night Summer Concert Series - A Classic Case – Saturday, July 12, 7 p.m. at Waugh Chapel Towne Centre, Gambrills.
To view more events occurring this weekend, please browse our online calendar. Be sure to also follow What’s Up? on Twitter and like us on Facebook.