Silopanna Music Festival Returns
Aug 14, 2014 04:00PM ● Published by Jake Russell
After a two-year hiatus, the Silopanna Music Festival makes its triumphant return to the Anne Arundel County Fairgrounds this Saturday.
From 11 a.m.-11 p.m., 18 bands headlined by The Flaming Lips, Dashboard Confessional, and Eric Hutchinson will rock three stages during this awesome summertime party. Past lineups have included Cake, Citizen Cope, Robert Randolph & The Family Band, Sharon Jones & The Dap Kings, and Tobias Russell.
Food and drink will be available from Rita’s, Capitol Kettle Corn, Pro Shuckers, Jack Daniel’s, Kool Zone Ice & Treats, Red Red Wine Bar, Finlandia, Hoffman’s Meats, and Fordham & Dominion. There will also be food trucks from Greek on the Street, DiPinoteca, Hot Stuff Sizzlin’ Paninis, Doug the Food Dude, Cruisin’ Café, and Iz’s Fired Up Brick Oven Pizza.
From 11 a.m.-3 p.m. all draft beers will be $3. If that’s not enough to get you warmed up, maybe some stretching will. Charm City Yoga is offering yoga sessions at 12, 2 and 4 p.m. at the top of the Lawn Stage to help you limber up for the main attractions.
General admission tickets are $69.50 and VIP tickets are $175.
Here is the full list of bands appearing at the festival:
- School of Rock – 11-11:20 a.m. - Pavilion Stage
- Brothers Clair – 11:20-11:40 a.m. – Lawn Stage
- Little Bird – 11:40 a.m.-12:10 p.m. – Pavilion Stage
- The Baby Grand – 12-12:30 p.m. – Lawn Stage
- Chappo – 12:30-1:30 p.m. – Main Stage
- Skribe – 12:40-1:25 p.m. – Pavilion Stage
- Colony House – 1:30-2 p.m. – Lawn Stage
- Hellogoodbye – 2-3 p.m. – Main Stage
- Twin Forks – 3-3:30 p.m. – Lawn Stage
- Sweet Leda – 3:30-4:15 p.m. – Pavilion Stage
- Sleeper Agent – 3:30-4:30 p.m. – Main Stage
- Damn Right! – 4:30-5:15 p.m. – Lawn Stage
- Matt & Kim – 5:15-6:15 p.m. – Main Stage
- Pasadena – 5:15-6:15 p.m. – Pavilion Stage
- Jimmie’s Chicken Shack – 6:15-7:15 p.m. – Lawn Stage
- Dashboard Confessional – 7:15-8:15 p.m. – Main Stage
- Eric Hutchinson – 8:15-9:30 p.m. – Lawn Stage
- The Flaming Lips – 9:30-11 p.m. – Main Stage
Would you rather fill up your Friday night schedule and relax on Saturday? Head to WEST Kitchen & Tavern at Loews Annapolis Hotel from 5:30-7 p.m. for Canines & Cocktails for a Cause, a charitable event benefitting animal rescues and local charities. Friday’s event benefits donorschoose.org, a website devoted to helping public school students. Bring Fido along and sip on some tasty concoctions or take part in a raffle.
Check out some more big events going on this weekend:
- Oxford University Partnership: Summer Evening Talks – Thursday, August 14, 5:30 p.m. at Historic Annapolis Museum, Annapolis.
- Member Night: Exhibit Exploration, Small Boat Shed – Thursday, August 14, 5:30 p.m. at Chesapeake Bay Maritime Museum, St. Michaels.
- Shark Week: Great Whites – Thursday, August 14, 6 p.m. at Bin 201, Annapolis.
- Sunset Sail with Anj Granieri on the Schooner Woodwind – Thursday, August 14, 6:30 p.m. at Annapolis Marriott Waterfront, Annapolis.
- Rock the Dock: Billy Joel Tribute – Thursday, August 14, 7 p.m. at Chesapeake Beach Resort & Spa, Chesapeake Beach.
- The Waterfront Partnership of Baltimore’s August Summer Social – Friday, August 15, 5 p.m. at West Shore Park, Baltimore.
- Rock the Dock: The Memories – Friday, August 15, 6:45 p.m. at Chesapeake Beach Resort & Spa, Chesapeake Beach.
- Rock the Dock: Two for the Road – Saturday, August 16, 6:30 p.m. at Chesapeake Beach Resort & Spa, Chesapeake Beach.
- Millington Day – Saturday, August 16, 10 a.m. at Millington.
- Back to School Jam – Saturday, August 16, 12 p.m. at The Greene Turtle, Annapolis.
- Jimmy Buffett – Saturday, August 16, 8:30 p.m. at Jiffy Lube Live, Bristow, Va.
- Two-Day Women's Woodworking for Beginners – Sunday, August 17, 9 a.m. at Chesapeake Bay Maritime Museum, St. Michaels.
To view more events occurring this weekend, please browse our online calendar. Be sure to also follow What’s Up? on Twitter and like us on Facebook.