Oat Flour Orange Poppyseed Muffins
Sep 17, 2014 04:00PM ● Published by Cate Reynolds
1/4 cup + 1/2 Tbsp. sugar
zest of one orange, divided
3/4 cup oat flour
2 Tbsp. poppy seeds
1/8 tsp. baking soda
3/4 tsp. baking powder
2 1/2 Tbsp melted butter
6 Tbsp. Greek yogurt
2 Tbsp. oat flour
2 Tbsp. brown sugar
1/4 tsp cinnamon
2 Tbsp. cold butter
half the orange zest
- Preheat the oven to 375 and fill a mini muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a bowl, combine the sugar, orange zest, oat flour, poppy seeds, baking soda and baking powder.
- In another bowl, whisk together butter, egg and Greek yogurt. Pour the mixture into the flour mixture and stir until just combined.
- Divide the batter between the muffin tin holes, filling 3/4 to the top.
- Prepare the topping by combining flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and orange zest in a bowl. Cut in butter until it forms coarse crumbs.
- Sprinkle the topping onto the muffins.
- Bake for 16 minutes until cooked through.