Say Hello to Fall
Sep 18, 2014 04:00PM ● Published by Jake Russell
If you haven’t noticed lately, the air is getting crisper and the days are getting shorter. That can only mean one thing: fall is here!
Check out the latest in fall wedding fashion at the What's Up? Weddings Fall Bridal Expo 2014 Sunday at 1 p.m. Take the time to enjoy cupcakes and hors d'oeuvres, sip champagne, meet and greet all the vendors you need to know, and dance to the beat of Tommy Gantz entertainment. There will also be fantastic giveaways.
Clovelly Farm in Chestertown will play host to Sultana's 17th Annual Gala: Hi-De-Ho: An evening with the Cab Calloway Orchestra on Saturday at 6 p.m. Lovers of good music and a fun time will gather for a 1930’s-themed night with the Cab Calloway Orchestra featuring Christopher Calloway Brooks. Put on by the Sultana Education Foundation, the event also includes a 10-minute auction with Chris Cerino. Tickets are $125 per person.
Celebrate a decade of food, drinks, music, and a good time on the waterfront at the 10th Annual Boatyard Beach Bash. Located at the Annapolis Maritime Museum, this a Jimmy Buffett/Parrot Head-themed event that features music from Coral Reefers Michael Utley and Doyle Crisham as well as the John Frinzi Band.
Hospice Cup XXXIII will take place on Saturday at 5 p.m. and is preceded by the Hospice Cup Dinghy Poker Run at Bert Jabin Yacht Yard from 1:30-5:30 p.m.
The Taste of the Chesapeake, held at the Blue Heron Center at Quiet Waters Park tonight from 5:30-9 p.m., will celebrate environmental leadership and the preservation of the Chesapeake Bay. Enjoy food, drinks, music, and a great chance to collaborate with local business leaders and conservationists. Tickets are $100 for members and 125 for nonmembers.
Healing in Heels, a 550 yard dash benefitting the Anne Arundel Medical Center Breast Cancer Center, takes place at Annapolis Towne Centre on Sunday at 4 p.m. Entry fees are $20 in advance and $25 on race day. Prizes will be drawn throughout the event and the top two overall finishers will receive a special “Towne Centre” gift basket. There will be a post-race part that includes prize drawings, food, beer, live DJ music, best costume contest.
On the Eastern Shore, The Chesapeake Film Festival takes over Easton on Friday through Sunday with independent and award-winning flicks that range in genre.
Say goodbye to summer at Summer Sendoff: Blues, Brews & BBQ on Race and Poplar Streets with irresistible foods, a variety of drinks, sidewalk sales, live music and entertainment and the Main Street Mile relay race.
Take part in these other weekend activities:
- Daryl Hall & John Oates – Thursday, September 18, 8 p.m. at Pier Six Pavilion, Baltimore.
- 40th Annual Sunfest – Thursday-Sunday at Ocean City.
- The Sax Pack – Friday, September 19, 6:30 and 9:30 p.m. at Rams Head on Stage, Annapolis.
- The Deanna Bogart Band – Friday, September 19, 8 p.m. at Chesapeake Arts Center, Brooklyn Park.
- Kickin' Kids' Cancer Kickball Tournament and Festival – Saturday, September 20, 8 a.m. at Route 18 Park, Centreville.
- IRONMAN Maryland – Saturday, September 20, 9 a.m. at Downtown Cambridge.
- 2014 Smithsonian Environmental Research Center Open House – Saturday, September 20, 10 a.m. at Smithsonian Environmental Research Center, Edgewater.
- Relay For Life of Kent County - Saturday, September 20, 11 a.m. at Kent County High School, Worton.
- 5th Annual Wooden Sailboat Rendezvous & Race – Saturday-Sunday at National Sailing Hall of Fame, Annapolis.
- Navy Midshipmen vs. Rutgers Scarlet Knights – Saturday, September 20, 3:30 p.m. at Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium. Annapolis
- Hammond-Harwood House Annual Garden Party - Saturday, September 20, 5 p.m. at Reed Creek Farm, Centreville.
- "Cheers to CHAIR-ity" Wine & Beer Tasting – Saturday, September 20, 5 p.m. at Centre for the Arts, Centreville.
- Casey Cares Foundation’s 12th Annual Rock N Roll Bash – Saturday, September 20, 6:30 p.m. at Rams Head Center Stage, Hanover.
- Foodlink’s Bling and Blue Jean Bash – Saturday, September 20, 7 p.m. at Homestead Gardens, Davidsonville.
- Washington Capitals vs. Buffalo Sabres – Sunday, September 21, 5 p.m. at Verizon Center, Washington, D.C.
To view more events occurring this weekend, please browse our online calendar. Be sure to also follow What’s Up? on Twitter and like us on Facebook.