Turkey, Dill, and Orzo Soup
Dec 03, 2014 04:00PM ● Published by Cate Reynolds
This is an incredibly easy and incredibly yummy soup that anyone can make. Think chicken noodle soup, but better! Simply peel and cut a couple carrots and throw everything (in stages) in chicken broth. This soup gets even better as you enjoy it in the days to come. The flavors intensify the more the ingredients sit together. Throw in your favorite spices for an extra flavor boost. It’s the perfect way to finally be rid of the big bird.
Ingredients – Serves 4
- 6 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- ½ cup orzo
- 1 ½ cup shredded roasted turkey or chicken
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
1. In a large saucepan, bring the broth to a boil. Add the carrots and orzo and simmer until tender, 12 to 15 minutes.
2. Add the turkey and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper to the saucepan and simmer until heated through, 2 to 3 minutes. Sprinkle with dill before serving.
Adapted from: “Turkey, Dill, and Orzo Soup.” America’s Test Kitchen: The Best Simple Recipes. Boston Common Press Limited Partnership. 2013. Print.