Inside the Event: What’s Up? Weddings Bridal Expo
Jan 15, 2015 11:05AM
● By Becca Newell
decorations and dresses – oh my! Find everything you need for your big day at
the What’s Up? Weddings Bridal Expo at the Loews Annapolis Hotel. On Sunday,
January 18th, brides-to-be will enjoy cupcakes and hors d'oeuvres, sip champagne,
meet and greet with dozens of wedding vendors, and much, much more. Read on for
more details and see why the What’s Up? Weddings Bridal Expo is quickly
becoming one of the area’s best bridal shows. It’s not to be missed!
Date: Sunday, January 18th
Time: 1 to 4 p.m.
Location: Loews Annapolis Hotel, located at 126 West Street in Annapolis
What can attendees expect? An afternoon packed with everything you need to make your dream wedding a reality. Chat with dozens of vendors – from salons and florists to DJs and jewelers – and check out the products and services they offer. Attend workshops and demonstrations throughout the afternoon and check out the latest trends in bridal wear during a fashion show. Enjoy complimentary hors d’oeuvres (and champagne!) and register for some fabulous prizes, including:
- Custom Lip Gloss donated by UP DOS FOR I DOS
- $100 Gift Certificate donated by PAPER IN THE PARK
- Grillside Spice and Rub Crate donated by THE SPICE AND TEA COMPANY
- Full Set of Lashes donated by LASH MOI
- Bridal Bouquet donated by VIOLETS FLORIST
- Basket of Handmade Chocolates donated by OH MY CHOCOLATE
- Sweet Sips Tea Crate donated by THE SPICE AND TEA COMPANY
- Tuxedo Rental donated by ANNAPOLIS FORMAL & TUXEDOS
- Bio Ionic Powerlight Professional Hair Dryer, donated by DAVID ALEXANDER SALON AND SPA
- $100 Resort/Cruise Credit towards a honeymoon or destination wedding donated by FROSCH TRAVEL
- Four Hours of Transportation Service in a 25 passenger Mini Coach for wedding and or reception at the Loews Annapolis Hotel donated by TOWNE TRANSPORT
- $100 Gift Certificate towards a Grooms Cake donated by SUGAR BAKERS CAKES
- $250 Gift Certificate donated by DAVID ALEXANDER SALON & SPA
- $100 Travel Gift Certificate donated by TRAVEL BUG
- Microdermabrasion Facial Treatment donated by MD DERMATOLOGY OF MARYLAND
- Engagement or Boudoir Photo Session donated by MIKE B PHOTOGRAPHY
- One-Night Stay at the LOEWS ANNAPOLIS HOTEL, including a $50 gift card for the BAROAK Cookhouse and Taproom
there are several grand prize giveaways, including:
- FANTASY BACHELORETTE PHOTO SHOOT PARTY donated by CRYSTALOONEYS CREATIVE ARTS and MEMORIES BY ROBYN. Includes party of up to 10 women with elaborate body/face painting, henna art, and Angel Card readings by Crystalooneys, and a professional photographer from Memories by Robyn to capture your radiant group. The group will receive 10 edited digital images. The bride can choose her favorite and receive an 8x10 printed image: an incredible keepsake!
- INSTANT PARTY ENTERTAINMENT UPGRADE donated by TOMMY GATZ ENTERTAINMENT. Includes three hours of DJ services for an Engagement Party or Rehearsal Dinner. Make your special night unforgettable with the professional DJ services of Tommy Gatz Entertainment!
- COUPLES GETAWAY donated by LOEWS HOTELS. Includes Two-Night Package at the Loews Philadelphia with breakfast, evening hors d’oeuvres, and beer and wine. The perfect way to de-stress from wedding planning!
- ELEGANT DIAMONDS donated by SMYTH JEWELERS. Includes an exceptional 36-inch Diamond by the Yard Necklace in 14K white gold with a total 1.29 carats of sparkling diamonds that can be worn long or doubled. A timeless piece you can wear on your wedding day and pass down for generations!
- WEDDING BEAUTIFUL donated by INTRIGUE DESIGN & DÉCOR. Includes detailed pre-meeting phone consultation that will allow us to begin to understand your wedding vision, a private consultation in our Annapolis design studio, and creation of a detailed design plan that takes into consideration your venue, lighting, colors, flow, and ideas while maximizing your overall decorating investment. During your formal event design presentation we will present you with full color visuals, descriptions, and mock table design which includes detailed design direction ranging from invitations and paper to flowers, place settings and seating plans. On the day of your wedding we will send a stylist to work with your photographer to get the stunning, styled images that so many of us dream about.
Food and drinks? There’ll be complimentary champagne on arrival for all guests ages 21 and over, courtesy of Loews Annapolis Hotel, along with a cash bar should you need additional beverages – we know how exhausting wedding planning can be! We don’t want any “hangry” brides-to-be, either, so Loews will be passing around some delectable appetizers.
What about parking? The hotel has its own parking lot, so there’s no need to stress out over street parking in downtown Annapolis (although that’s a valid option should you wish to do so). Self-parking at the hotel costs $2. There’s also valet parking available for $8.
The dress code? The suggested attire is casual clothing. There’s so much to do at the expo – meeting with vendors, checking out workshops, watching the fashion show – you’re going to want to stick around all day, so comfort is definitely key.
Are tickets still available? Yes! Tickets can be purchased in advance online here for $10, or at the door for $15.