Top 10 Best Super Bowl Party Spots
Jan 29, 2015 04:00PM ● Published by Melissa Lauren
Seattle Sea Hawks vs. New England Patriots? House Party vs. Super Bowl Bar Party? I may not be much of a football fan but when it comes to parties there is no question, in my opinion. Leave the party planning to the experts and enjoy the Super Bowl amongst friends at the area’s best local watering holes with all the amenities to enjoy football fun!
Here’s a Top 10 List of the Area’s Best Super Bowl Party Spots:
1. Rams Head Tavern, 33 West Street, Annapolis, MD 21401So typically, I include a Fun Factoid in each weekly What’s Up? Events Blog. This week, the What’s Up? Team thought it would be fun to reminisce about our most memorable Super Bowl moments. What do you remember fondly? Tell us on Facebook.
Multi-task! Earn points towards Rams Head World Beer Club and enjoy Ace Killer Wings while you watch the big game.
2. Chesapeake Beach Resort & Spa’s Restaurants: Smokey Joe’s Grill or The Rod ‘N’ Reel, 4165 Mears Avenue, Chesapeake Beach, MD 20732
Both restaurants feature buckets of Beer & Drink Specials! Create Your Own Platter with wings, loaded skins, pulled pork sliders, cheeseburger sliders, and hot dogs. Plus, there are 2 Football Pools with a total cash payout of $1,500 with end of Quarter Promotional Drawings, Merchandise, Gift Cards, and Cash!
3. Pusser’s Caribbean Grille, 80 Compromise Street, Annapolis, MD 21401
If your team is down, don’t fret! That’s what the World Famous Pusser’s Painkillers are for!
4. Gordon Biersch, 1906 Towne Centre Boulevard, Suite 155, Annapolis, MD 21401
Located at Annapolis Towne Center, Gordon Biersch serves up only the highest quality German style craft biers. Plus, if the game isn’t your thing you can indulge in some retail-therapy at the Towne Center shops.
5. Union Jack’s Annapolis, 2072 Somerville Road, Annapolis, MD 21401
Open at 3 p.m. so you can get prime seating in front of one of their many huge HD-TVs and enjoy British-style pub fare. You can even play billiards during halftime!
6. Heroes Pub, 1 Riverview Avenue, Annapolis, MD 21401
Known for their jumbo shrimp, 48 Draft Beers on tap, 10 TVs, and many comfy booths, Heroes is a safe bet for watching the game.
7. Annapolis Smokehouse & Tavern, 107 Hillsmere Drive, Annapolis, MD 21401
Annapolis Smokehouse & Tavern will have some winning specials on Super Bowl Sunday. As always, they will be serving up some smoky barbecue. ‘The Smokehouse’ boasts plenty of seating for you and all your friends while you root for your team as you watch the game on one of 7 HD-TVs. Specials include $5 Happy Hour Food Specials, $6 Pitchers of Bud Light and Natty Boh, and $3 Mystery Shots.
8. Fisherman’s Inn, 3116 Main Street, Grasonville, MD 21638
Crab Cakes, Authentic Smith Island Cake, and Beer, oh my! Fisherman’s Inn is always a great spot on The Shore for football with friends!
9. Pickles Pub in Baltimore, 520 Washington Blvd., Baltimore, MD 21230
The #1 place in Baltimore for sports fans to watch their favorite teams for 25 years, Pickles Pub offers quick snacks and full-sized meals.
10. Lou’s City Bar, 1400 Irving Street, Washington, D.C. 20010
Voted #1 Sports Bar in D.C. by the Washington Post, Lou’s City Bar is close to the Columbia Heights Metro Station and is worth a trip as you can reserve your very own Tap Table! It sounds too good to be true but you can make this a reality for your party of 6 or more!
Most Memorable Super Bowl Moments
1. The Infamous Wardrobe Malfunction – If you blinked you missed it! Janet Jackson rocked her body with a revealing performance alongside cohort, Justin Timberlake during the Super Bowl XXXVIII Halftime Show. It has been 11 years but we still remember.
2. The Best Super Bowl Commercial Ever! – Okay. I couldn’t possibly narrow this down to just one commercial! Here is a Top 5 List of Best Super Bowl Commercials of All Time as voted by yours truly, a former commercial copywriter. I’ll just skip the humble brag and say I’m an expert who loves the ads more than the game itself.
5. Cindy Crawford’s Pepsi Commercial – She brought the Super Model to Super Bowl! I’m pretty sure this is when I started drinking Pepsi.Honorable Mention: Apple’s Orwellian 1984 Macintosh Commercial directed by Ridley Scott. This commercial was truly epic!
4. Old Spice Commercial – Our spicy man to their bubbly Cindy (Technically, this commercial was too cool to be aired during the big game and was only available online, where it exploded virally.) I did not look back at my man!
3. GoDaddy.com – This spot really made out proving that nerds rule the world!
2. Budweiser Frogs – Need I say more? I sincerely apologize if this slogan gets stuck in your head, again.
1. Betty White Snickers Commercial – This one proves Betty is as snarky as Snickers are sweet! Betty White manages to stay adorable even while being tackled for her trash talking ways!
3. The Redskins Dominated Denver with the most points earned during a quarter of any Super Bowl game in NFL history! The Redskins earned a whopping 35 points during the 2nd quarter at Super Bowl XXII in 1988. Hail to the Redskins!
Sources: 1. Rollingstone.com, 2. WatchMojo.com, 3. WashingtonPost.com