Chocolate Swirl Pancakes with Banana
Feb 18, 2015 04:00PM ● Published by Cate Reynolds
All the ingredients for these pancakes can be found readily available in most common kitchens. I started with a simple recipe from www.allrecipes.com for the base and then added a little flair with melted chocolate and bananas. The chocolate happened to be around from the Hot Chocolate Fudge Cakes in the Treat Your Sweet column and the bananas are ever present in my kitchen. I melted the chocolate down with a little milk to create a more liquid consistency. These pancakes couldn’t be easier to make and are a super delicious way to wake up. Note: sift the flour an extra time or two to make the pancakes even fluffier.
Ingredients – 8 Servings
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 3 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 ¼ cups milk
- 1 large egg white
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 (2.6-ounce) bar dark (71% cacao) chocolate, chopped
- 1 banana, cut into small pieces
- Powdered sugar for garnish
1. In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Make a well in the center and pour in the milk, egg, and melted butter; mix until smooth.
2. Melt chocolate in a small pot and keep warm.
3. Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately ½ cup for each pancake.
4. Pour melted chocolate in a swirl pattern into batter.
5. Brown on both sides and serve hot. Top with banana and powdered sugar.
Adapted from: Dakota, Kelly. “Good Old Fashioned Pancakes.” www.allrecipes.com 15 February 2015 Web. http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Good-Old-Fashioned-Pancakes/Detail.aspx?event8=1&prop24=SR_Title&e11=go...