#FashionFriday: Mad About Marsala
Mar 13, 2015 03:20PM
● By Becca Newell
Pantone’s 2015 Color of the Year is a dramatic departure
from last year’s Radiant Orchid (a bright, pastel purple for those who can’t
recall the summer hue!) and we couldn’t be more excited.
Marsala, similar to a classic shade of burgundy, but with hints of brown and plum undertones, is a wonderfully rich, earthy color, reminiscent of rustic Tuscan charm, and perfect for any season.
While the shade’s subtle warmth makes it an easy fit into one’s winter wardrobe, there are plenty of ways to work it into a spring ensemble, too. Go bold with Marsala-drenched summer dresses or sprinkle the color into your look with accessories inspired by the red wine namesake.
- Garnet Pendant Necklace in Sterling Silver and 18K Gold by Colore – $375 - Shearer the Jewelers, Easton
- Window Check Curved Hem Shirt by Topshop - $70 – Nordstrom.com
- Marsala Dress by Fascination - $65 - Sosuku Boutique, Annapolis
- Thin Leather Cuff in Russet by Lenny & Eva - $25 - The Cottage, Severna Park
- Firework Floral Skirt in Dark Cognac - $98 – Jcrew.com
- Crossbody Bag/Clutch by Joy Susan - $28 – The Boutique at Body Wellness, Edgewater
- The Lohan Thin Belt in Red by Elise M. Collection - $21 – South Moon Under, Annapolis