Salad of the Week: Mixed Greens with Mango, Avocado, and Soy Sauce Vinaigrette
Mar 25, 2015 04:00PM ● Published by Cate Reynolds
This is a quick and easy salad that I threw together from leftovers one week. Sweet, juicy mango combines perfectly with rich, creamy avocado. Carrots and mushroom add some nice texture and variety. The dressing is a simple combination of soy sauce, olive oil, and a touch of toasted sesame oil. You can whisk it all together in a mixing bowl or shake it up in a plastic bottle. I love the saltiness of the soy sauce and I find that it enhances every component in the salad. I wasn’t able to get my hands on bean sprouts, but they would make a nice, crunchy addition. Even still, the cilantro and scallions were a magnificent finish to each bite. Just about anything can be added for protein, but I envision it with soy-ginger glazed salmon or shrimp.
Ingredients – Makes 2
- 2 cups spinach
- 2 cups mixed greens
- 1 cup of Bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 mango, peeled, cut into chunks
- 1 avocado, pitted, cut into chunks
- Handful of shredded carrots
- Soy sauce
- Extra Virgin Olive oil
- Toasted sesame oil
Optional for garnish:
- Bean sprouts
1. Combine half of the spinach and mixed greens on a plate. Top with the rest of the ingredients and choice of garnish.
2. To make the dressing whisk desired amount of soy sauce, olive oil, and sesame oil in a bowl until blended.