Quick and Easy Gluten Free Cupcakes
Apr 01, 2015 04:00PM ● Published by Cate Reynolds
The cake was a hit. It was devoured. A few people asked for the recipe. They were shocked to hear that it gluten free and that the base was a cake mix. Success! Below is my original recipe. I especially love the surprise of the citrus zest in the simple cake flavor and how it mixes with a chocolate frosting. But I also recommend experimenting with your own additives to create your own special twist to a basic cake or cupcake!
- 1 yellow gluten free cake mix + ingredients required
- 1 vanilla pudding mix
- 1 orange
- 1 lemon
- Chocolate frosting
1. Heat oven as instructed by cake mix.
2. Mix together the dry cake mix and dry pudding mix. Add ingredients required by the cake mix and stir as instructed.
3. Zest in orange and lemon peel. Squeeze in a bit of orange and lemon juice. (Watch out for seeds!) Stir for 60 more seconds to mix everything together.
4. Pour into pan and bake according to cake mix directions.
5. After cooling, frost the cupcakes.
--Alison Rose Munn