Salad of the Week: Grilled Steak with Baby Arugula and Parmesan Salad
Apr 08, 2015 04:00PM ● Published by Cate Reynolds
Grilled Steak with Baby Arugula and Parmesan SaladRhea’s Rundown
This casual 20-minute salad is given a decadent feel with a fresh lemony-chive dressing and thyme rub on the steak. The ingredients meld together for an unexpected depth of flavor from an otherwise simplistic dish. Whole Foods happened to be out of arugula at the time of my grocery trip, so I opted for baby kale instead. For help with expediting the thyme picking process check out The Kitchen Tool of the Week from The Healthier Halloween column.
Ingredients – Serves 4
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 4 (4-ounce) flat-iron steaks
- 2 lemons, halved
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 cups loosely packed baby arugula
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) shaved fresh Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
1. Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Rub thyme, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper over steaks. Add steaks to pan; cook 4 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Remove steaks from pan. Add lemon halves, cut sides down, to pan; cook 3 minutes. Cut steaks across the grain into thin slices.
2. Combine remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper, chives, and next 4 ingredients (through 1/8 teaspoon salt), stirring with a whisk. Drizzle over arugula; toss to coat. Arrange 1 steak, 1 cup arugula, and 1 lemon half on each of 4 plates; top each salad with 1 tablespoon cheese.
“Grilled Steak with Baby Arugula and Parmesan Salad.” Cooking Light: 20-Minute Meals! Time Inc. Lifestyle Group. 2015. Print.