Salad of the Week: Quinoa Salad with Artichokes and Parsley
May 06, 2015 04:00PM ● Published by Cate Reynolds
Quinoa Salad with Artichokes and ParsleyThis 20-minute salad is a light, easy dish with bright flavors of lemon throughout. Quinoa and artichoke hearts provide a nourishing base, while a substantial amount of parsley adds a little zing to each bite. It’s a simple dish that leaves plenty of room to get creative. Feta or goat cheese would be a nice addition, along with some almonds or your favorite nut.
Ingredients – Serves 8
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped spring or sweet onion
- ½ teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 (9-ounce) package frozen artichoke hearts, thawed
- 1 cup fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth
- ½ cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 5 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 1 ½ teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
1. Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and thyme; sauté 5 minutes or until onion is tender. Add artichokes; sauté 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Add broth and quinoa; bring to a simmer. Cover and cook 18 minutes or until liquid is completely absorbed.
2. Remove pan from heat. Stir in parsley, rind, juice, and salt. Serve warm or at room temperature.
“Quinoa Salad with Artichokes and Parsley.” Cooking Light: 97 All-Time Top-Rated Recipes. Time Inc. Lifestyle Group 2014. Print.