Hillman, Brown & Darrow, P.A.
May 13, 2015 03:51PM ● Published by Cate Reynolds
• Why have the attorneys at Hillman, Brown & Darrow, P.A. (HBD) been listed as Leading Lawyers since What’s Up? Annapolis began recognizing lawyers?
• Why have the readers of the Capital Gazette chosen HBD as their Readers Choice for Top attorneys?
• Why have the Super Lawyers Magazine and SmartCEO Magazine in the Washington and Baltimore Regions all honored the attorneys from HBD in their publications?
• Why has the staff at HBD been a part of the HBD family for so long? (Judy Myers just celebrated her 36th year, Julie Overby began with the firm in the 70’s, and Diana Hager has been the bookkeeper for 23 years.)
• Why does this Firm continue to serve its long-term and new clients, including their children and grandchildren, year after year?
• How has HBD weathered the economic storms for the past 35 years and maintained its presence in the legal community?
If you know the lawyers and staff of HBD, you know the answers to these questions. HBD cares deeply about the people it serves, understands the law and current legal trends and knows how to get results for its clients. Clients know that when they call HBD they will get first rate representation from talented lawyers. As stated by one client, but echoed by many, “The work product, representation and level of detail that I receive from each of the people that I work with at Hillman, Brown & Darrow are impeccable. It is refreshing to work with first-rate attorneys who understand the needs of their client on personal and business matters.”
HBD sits a stone’s throw from the Anne Arundel County Circuit Court House, in the heart of downtown Annapolis. The firm has resided in a historic building for 32 years and has maintained the commitment to Annapolis and determination to find the right solutions for its clients established by its founder Noah Hillman more than eight decades ago. HBD’s lawyers and staff are not satisfied, however, with just enjoying their successful, long respected reputation. Insidethe doors of the historic building everyone is striving to keep up with the ever changing law and technology while maintaining a deep personal commitment to helping clients with a wide array of needs.
HBD has a team of experienced, skilled attorneys who can serve the majority of clients’ issues in Annapolis, the Eastern Shore and the Baltimore-Washington region.
The Firm’s partners: Samuel J. Brown, Michael P. Darrow, Daniel J. Mellin, M. Evelyn Spurgin, and Jonathan E. Pasterick are genuine leaders in their legal fields and the community. The firm’s roster also includes H.Winship Wheatley, III. of counsel; Brian D. Lyman — administrative law, alcohol beverage licenses, appeals, civil litigation, collections, construction, consumer protections, and property and real estate law; Marietta B. Warren—administrative law, appeals, civil litigation, family and divorce law, and personal injury; Crighton A. Chase — criminal and traffic, civil litigation, DUI, family and divorce law; and Lauren A. Torggler— business law, collections, construction law, family and divorce law, and property and real estate law.
The considerable experience and talent of these lawyers can be heard through the testimony of others, year after year. One client recently complimented an HBD lawyer for “providing me with exceptional legal service during my divorce, which proved to be very trying. He responded to my questions and calls quickly. He took the necessary time to understand the case, help me weigh all of my options….and follow through.” Another client in awarding HBD a 5-star rating, stated “Each billable hour was of value….Quality work is a great replacement for hours and hours of time spent.”
With the 10 attorneys and 9 staff members at HBD clients get a great team of dedicated practitioners who know, live and breathe the law. The firm’s mission is to ensure that each client receives top representation yet the lawyers and staff also understand the impact cases have on people’s lives. Hillman, Brown & Darrow, is the full service law firm that you want on your side when you need quality representation to protect you, your business and your family.
Hillman, Brown & Darrow, P.A.
221 Duke of Gloucester Street
410-263-3131 | www.hbdlaw.com