Fried Egg and Avocado Toast
May 20, 2015 04:00PM ● Published by Cate Reynolds
Salsa and sprouts add instant pizzazz to this classic dish. Best of all, 20 minutes are all you need to reach avocado toast heaven. My favorite salsa is the Jalapeno + Cilantro Salsa by Frontera. Cilantro or parsley make easy, tasty additions. It’s sure to be a hit for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
Ingredients – Serves 4
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 large eggs
- 1 peeled ripe avocado, mashed
- 4 (1-ounce) slices hearty whole-grain bread, toasted
- 1 cup alfalfa sprouts
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup refrigerated fresh salsa
1. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Crack eggs into pan; cook 2 minutes. Cover and cook 2 minutes or until desired degree of doneness.
2. Spread one-fourth of mashed avocado evenly over each toast slice. Arrange ¼ cup sprouts over mashed avocado on each toast slice. Top each toast slice with 1 fried egg. Sprinkle eggs evenly with salt and black pepper. Top each assembled avocado toast with 2 tablespoons fresh salsa.
“Fried Egg Avocado Toast.” Cooking Light: Summer Cookbook. Time Inc. Lifestyle Group. 2015. Print.