Annapolis 2015 Legacy Business Awards
May 22, 2015 02:26PM ● Published by Cate Reynolds
The event will honor both businesses and individuals for their commitment to serving residents and visitors, while supporting the economic vitality of our neighborhood business districts. This year’s event showcases businesses in the traditional neighborhood districts of Annapolis that have been in existence for 50 years and business owners for their personal investment in causes that impact our community.
Mayor Pantelides will be joined by members of the City and County Council, Senator John Astle, and Speaker Michael Busch to honor the following businesses and individuals at the May 26th event:
• Norvain Sharps, The Community Laundromat
• Biz Snyder, Snyder Bootery
• Anne Small, The Avenue Laundromat
• Ted Levitt, Chick and Ruth's Deli
• Larry Vincent, Laurence Clothing
• Mary Slidell and Jean White, The Giant Peach
• The Regina Family, Regina's Restaurant
• Maria Priola, Maria's
• Nancy Hammond, Nancy Hammond Editions (President's Award)
• Dick Franyo, Boatyard Bar and Grill (Director's Award)
“Support for small business and local institutions is critical to the economic vitality and overall quality of life in Annapolis, "Mayor Pantelides said. “I applaud our legacy businesses and institutional award recipients who contribute so much to our community.”
MAP President, Steve Samaras, recognizes the importance of his business colleagues to his own company’s success. “Zachary’s benefits not only from the commitment of our great customers, but the commitment of our locally-based business owners who value each other and the benefits of their locating in a historic city.” For more information on the Legacy Business awards, or to register for the Legacy Awards event, contact Karen Theimer Brown at email@example.com or call Lisa Craig at 410-263-7941.