#FashionFriday: The Look - Sail into Summer
May 22, 2015 01:17PM
● By Becca Newell
#FashionFriday: The Look - Sail into Summer [11 Images] Click Any Image To Expand
As soon as warmer weather hits, we know exactly where we want to be: on the water. Which ultimately makes this season’s nautical trend so fitting and easy to incorporate into late spring/early summer attire.
Our first suggestion—ditch the black. Substitute everyone’s favorite neutral with a rich navy. It’s as flattering as black (trust us, everyone looks good in navy!) with a more sophisticated feel. Pair the royal hue with crisp whites or sailor-esque stripes and it’s a match made in nautical heaven.
Add a little fun to an ensemble with a boating-inspired accessory or print (anchors are everywhere!), but be sure to stick to one or two nautical accents to remain chic and cheerful.
We’re so excited to introduce a little maritime flair into our summer wardrobe, we decided to center the annual What’s Up? Media’s Best Of Party around the theme. Don your best sailing whites and join us on Thursday, June 25th for Sailor’s Delight, Winner’s Tonight at Loews Annapolis Hotel. From 6 to 9 p.m., enjoy food and drink samples, giveaways, entertainment, and a silent auction (to benefit local charities).
And don’t forget to wear your wildest sailing-theme sunhat for a chance to win a prize! Tickets have sold out the past four years, so purchase today by calling 410-266-6287 or visit whatsupmag.com.
- Nautical Bracelet in Navy by Cheap & So Chic - $24 – Lilac Bijoux, Annapolis
- Anchor Necklace - $39.99 – The Cottage, Severna Park
- Moto 'Leigh' Raw Edge Skinny Jeans in White by Topshop - $65 – Nordstrom.com
- Unisex Water Inspired Bracelet with Braided Rope and Matte Stainless Catch - $78 – Come ByChance, St. Michaels
- Sterling Silver Starfish Swap Top with Gold Vermeil and Inlayed Opal ($225.00) with Sterling Silver Swap Top Bangle Bracelet – $225 (Swap Top); $95 (Bangle) – Silver Linings, St. Michaels and Easton
- Nautical Studs by CIA - $34 – Lilac Bijoux, Annapolis
- Diana Zip Front Shirt - $198 – Aliceandolivia.com
- Indigo Denim Skipper Pant - $268 - W by Worth, available by contacting Paula McLoud at email@example.com or 410-991-0821
- Wellspring Tunic Popover Shirt - $79.50 – Madewell.com
- Stripe Mini Skirt - $88 – Jcrew.com
- Anchor Saddle Crossbody Bag by Sloane Ranger - $34 – The Hickory Stick,Ltd., Rock Hall