Steak Salad with Nectarines, Radicchio, and Blue Cheese
May 27, 2015 04:00PM ● Published by Cate Reynolds
This dish is 24-minute steak salad heaven. Tender, juicy sirloin is the main attraction, but the creamy blue cheese and sweet nectarines are also not to be outdone. White wine vinegar, honey, olive oil, and a pinch of salt are all that’s needed to dress this fantastic trio, atop a bed of buttery Bibb lettuce and radicchio. I absolutely love the Oregonzola blue cheese from Rogue Creamery, which can be found at Whole Foods. It’s the perfect mellow cheese for this dish. I rub the steak with Bosari salt (original), which can also be found at Whole Foods.
Ingredients – Serves 4
- 12 ounces petite sirloin filets
- 8 ½ teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- Cooking spray
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 3 cups torn Boston lettuce leaves (about 1 head)
- 1 (12-ounce) radicchio head, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 nectarines, each cut into 8 wedges
- 2.5 ounces crumbled blue cheese (about ½ cup)
1. Preheat a grill or grill pan over medium-high heat.
2. Coat the steak with 1 teaspoon oil. Sprinkle with 1/8 teaspoon salt. Add steak to grill rack or pan coated with cooking spray; grill steak 3 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Remove from heat; let stand 8 minutes. Cut steak diagonally across the grain into thin slices; sprinkle with 1/8 teaspoon salt.
3. While steak rests, combine vinegar, honey, remaining ¼ teaspoon salt, and remaining 2 ½ teaspoons oil in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add lettuce and radicchio; toss to coat. Add nectarines; sprinkle with cheese. Serve steak over salad.
“Steak Salad with Nectarines, Radicchio, and Blue Cheese.” Cooking Light: Summer Cookbook. Time Inc. Lifestyle Group. 2014. Print.