Chicken Cutlets with Strawberry-Avocado Salsa
Jun 10, 2015 04:00PM ● Published by Cate Reynolds
I love when I come across an easy, tasty chicken dish that I can throw together in 20 minutes or less. They make up the backbone of my busy weeknight dinner go-to’s. This dishes simplicity derives from a few quality ingredients that come together to make a smashing combination. An avocado-strawberry salsa brightened with fresh lime juice and slightly spiced with minced jalapeño is a flavorful and nutritious topping for tender, juicy chicken. Add some leftover goat cheese from the strawberry and leek quesadilla if you’re in the mood to splurge!
Ingredients – Serves 4
- 1 ½ cups chopped strawberries
- ½ cup diced peeled ripe avocado
- 2 tablespoons minced seeded jalapeño pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 (4-ounce) chicken breast cutlets
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 lime wedges
1. Combine strawberries, avocado, jalapeño, cilantro, lime juice, and ¼ teaspoon salt in a small bowl; toss to combine.
2. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Sprinkle chicken with remaining ½ teaspoon salt and pepper. Add chicken to pan; cook 3 minutes on each side or until done.
3. Divide chicken among 4 serving plates, and spoon salsa evenly over each serving. Garnish each serving with a lime wedge.
“Chicken Cutlets with Strawberry-Avocado Salsa.” Cooking Light: Summer Cookbook. Time Inc. Lifestyle Group. 2014. Print.