Drink of the Week: Strawberry-Mint Sparkling Limeade
Jun 10, 2015 04:00PM ● Published by Cate Reynolds
Strawberry-Mint Sparkling Limeade
This refreshing cocktail reminds me of a Bellini, but better! Strawberries, fresh mint, fresh lime juice, sparkling wine, and agave come together for a bright, bubbly concoction that’s so good you’ll want it all summer long. For a kid-friendly version substitute soda water for the wine.
Ingredients – Serves 6
- 3 cups sliced strawberries
- ½ cup loosely packed fresh mint leaves
- ½ cup fresh lime juice
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup agave nectar
- 1 (750-mililiter) bottle sparkling wine, chilled
- Fresh mint sprigs (optional)
1. Place first 5 ingredients in a blender; process until smooth (about 1 minute). Pout about ½ cup strawberry mixture into each of 6 glasses. Slowly pour about ½ cup wine into each glass; gently stir to combine. Garnish with fresh mint sprigs, if desired.
“Strawberry-Mint Sparkling Limeade.” Cooking Light: Fresh, Fast, Food; Best Summer Recipes. Time Inc. Lifestyle Group. 2015. Print.