Soup of the Week: Strawberry-Lemon Soup
Jun 10, 2015 04:00PM ● Published by Cate Reynolds
Try strawberries in a whole new way with this refreshing summer soup! Sweetened strawberries, fresh lemon juice, lemon zest, and white wine blends together for a healthy, tasty treat that’s perfect for the back porch on a hot day.
Ingredients – Serves 4-6
- 1 lb. fresh or frozen strawberries
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 lemons
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 4-6 teaspoons crème fraiche or sour cream for serving
1. If you are using frozen strawberries, let them defrost in a bowl, reserving all their juices. Put the strawberries, sugar, the grated zest and juice of 1 lemon, and the wine into a blender and puree.
2. Transfer the soup to a nonreactive bowl, cover, and refrigerate until well chilled, at least 3 hours.
3. Serve, garnished with a dollop of the crème fraiche and the grated zest of the remaining lemon.
McMillan, Kate. “Strawberry-Lemon Soup.” Soup of the Day: 365 Recipes for Every Day of the Year. Weldon Owen, Inc. 2011. Print. Rhea Torreon