Treat of the Week: Watermelon Feta and Balsamic “Pizzas”
Jun 17, 2015 04:00PM ● Published by Cate Reynolds
Watermelon Feta and Balsamic “Pizzas”
This dish is so easy and fun to put together. It’s sure to be a crowd pleaser and it’s the perfect way to end any cookout. Salty feta cheese, balsamic glaze, and fresh mint is a knockout combo on sweet, juicy watermelon. I opted to leave out the kalamata olives. Experiment with different sweet toppings like fruit or savory options like shrimp with arugula and red onion. I got my bottle of balsamic glaze from Amazon where they’re available for about $10-$20.
Ingredients – Serves 4
- 1 watermelon slice, but 1-inch thick from center of the widest part
- 1 ounce crumbled feta cheese
- 5 to 6 kalamata olive, sliced
- 1 teaspoon mint leaves
- ½ tablespoon balsamic glaze
1. Slice the widest part of a round watermelon in half. Lay the flat side down on a cutting board and cut a 1-inch thick slice from each half. Cut each half into 4 wedges. Place them on a round dish like a pizza and top with cheese, olives, balsamic glaze, and mint leaves.
Homolka, Gina. “Watermelon Feta and Balsamic ‘Pizzas’.” Skinnytaste.com. Skinnytaste, Inc. 11 June 2015. Web. 15 June 2015.