Cucumber Gazpacho with Shrimp Relish
Jul 01, 2015 04:00PM ● Published by Cate Reynolds
This 20-minute soup is light, fresh, and perfect with some of your favorite crusty bread. (Use some of that leftover French baguette from the Golden Gazpacho ) A simple blend of cucumber, chicken broth, Greek yogurt, onion, fresh lime juice, garlic, and red pepper comprise the base. A flavorful relish of shrimp, tomatoes, cilantro, cumin, and paprika compliment the lightness of the soup perfectly.
Ingredients – Serves 4
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ¾ pound peeled and deveined medium shrimp, chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt, divided
- ½ teaspoon black pepper, divided
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- 2 cups quartered grape tomatoes
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro
- 2 ½ cups chopped English cucumber
- 1 cup fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup plain whole-milk Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup chopped onion
1. Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle shrimp with ¼ teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon black pepper, cumin, and paprika. Add shrimp to pan; sauté 2 minutes or until done. Stir in tomatoes; remove from heat. Add cilantro.
2. Place remaining ¼ teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon black pepper, cucumber, and remaining ingredients in a blender; process until smooth. Ladle 1 cup soup into each of 4 bowls; top with ¾ cup shrimp relish.
“Heirloom Tomato and Beet Salad.” Cooking Light: Fresh, Fast, Food; Best Summer Recipes. Time Inc. Lifestyle Group. 2015. Print.