Peach and Prosciutto Canapés
Jul 08, 2015 04:00PM ● Published by Cate Reynolds
Canapés are a type of hors d’oeurves made with a base of bread or crackers and an assortment of toppings. This version is the perfect salty-sweet combination for summer and only takes 22 minutes to make. The base is French baguette topped with a mixture of mascarpone cheese, cream cheese, lemon rind, chopped basil, and shallots. The topping is a thin ribbon of prosciutto wrapped around peach slices, and finished off with basil. You can toast the baguette and make the cheese mixture ahead of time. It’s an easy, beautiful finger food for any event.
Ingredients – Serves 8
- 1 (6-ounce) French bread baguette, cut diagonally into 16 slices
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons mascarpone cheese
- 2 teaspoons finely minced shallots
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 ounce fat-free cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh basil, divided
- 1 large ripe peach, cut into 16 wedges
- 1 ounce prosciutto, cut into 16 thin slices
1. Preheat broiler to high.
2. Lightly coat bread slices with cooking spray; broil 2 minutes on each side or until toasted. Combine mascarpone and next 3 ingredients (through cream cheese) in a small bowl. Stir in 1 tablespoon basil. Spread cheese mixture evenly among bread slices.
3. Wrap each peach wedge with 1 prosciutto piece. Top each bread slice with 1 wrapped peach wedge. Sprinkle with remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons basil. Serve immediately.
“Peach and Prosciutto Canapés.” Cooking Light: Fresh, Fast, Food; Best Summer Recipes. Time Inc. Lifestyle Group. 2015. Print.