Salad of the Week: Tomato and Peach Salad with Almonds
Jul 08, 2015 04:00PM ● Published by Cate Reynolds
Tomato and Peach Salad with AlmondsRhea’s Rundown
Salads can be a great way to put leftovers to use or in this case require just a few ingredients. Best of all, this super simple salad only takes 8 minutes to throw together. A mixture of white wine vinegar, canola oil, and honey dresses up fresh tomatoes and peaches, finished off with almonds and mint. The recipe suggests swapping out the peaches, almonds, and mint for avocado, cilantro, and onion as an alternative. You can also try it with sliced mozzarella and basil leaves. As always, the fresher the produce the better! I get my peaches and tomatoes locally from Diehl’s produce of Annapolis.
Ingredients – Serves 4
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into ¼-inch thick slices
- 1 medium peach, pitted and sliced
- 2 tablespoons sliced toasted almonds
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint leaves
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8-teaspoon black pepper
1. Combine oil, vinegar, and honey in a small bowl. Divide tomato and peach slices among 4 plates. Top with almonds, mint, salt, and pepper. Drizzle with honey mixture.
“Tomato and Peach Salad with Almonds.” Cooking Light: Fresh, Fast, Food; Best Summer Recipes. Time Inc. Lifestyle Group. 2015. Print.