Grilled Scallop Salad
Jul 15, 2015 04:00PM ● Published by Cate Reynolds
This beautiful dish only takes 23 minutes to make and combines fantastic sweet, creamy, and tart flavors. Grilled scallops and cucumbers sit atop a bed of romaine lettuce, watermelon, and avocado, finished with fresh mint. The dressing is a mixture of salt, lime juice, and olive oil. It’s a fresh combination that’s sure to please in the summer months to come.
Ingredients – Serves 4
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 3/8 teaspoon salt, divided
- 12 large sea scallops (about 1 ½ pounds)
- 1 English cucumber, halved lengthwise
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cups torn romaine lettuce
- 3 cups (1-inch) cubed seedless watermelon
- ¼ cup fresh mint leaves, torn
- ½ peeled avocado, cut into 8 slices
1. Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
2. Sprinkle ¼ teaspoon pepper and ¼ teaspoon salt over scallops and cucumber. Arrange in a single layer on a grill rack coated with cooking spray. Grill 3 minutes on each side or until scallops are done and cucumber is well marked. Remove from heat; cut cucumber into 1/4-inch slices.
3. Combine remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt, juice, and oil in a large bowl; stir with a whisk. Add cucumber, lettuce, watermelon, and mint; toss gently to coat. Divide the watermelon mixture evenly among 4 plates. Top each serving with 3 scallops and 2 avocado slices. Sprinkle evenly with remaining 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper.
“Grilled Scallop Salad.” Cooking Light: Fresh, Fast, Food; Best Summer Recipes. Time Inc. Lifestyle Group. 2015. Print.