Roasted Corn and Radish Salad with Avocado-Herb Dressing
Jul 22, 2015 04:00PM ● Published by Cate Reynolds
This easy 10-minute salad (plus 10 minutes to make the dressing) combines the creamy flavors of avocado with the sweetness of corn and a nice crunch from sliced radishes, atop a bed of Bibb lettuce. The dressing is a combination of mayonnaise, sour cream, avocado, garlic, white wine vinegar, hot sauce, and a variety of fresh herbs. (I opted to leave out the anchovy paste.) Shrimp or chicken would make a great addition. Whole Foods was completely out of radishes on my run so I used sliced beets instead.
Ingredients – Serves 4
- ½ ripe peeled avocado, sliced
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 2 ears yellow corn with husks
- 2 heads Boston or Bibb lettuce
- ½ cup thinly sliced radishes
- ½ cup Avocado-Herb Dressing
- ½ cup light mayonnaise
- ¼ cup finely chopped green onions
- ¼ cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- ½ ripe peeled avocado
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 3 drops hot sauce
1. Preheat oven to 450°.
2. Combine sliced avocado and juice in a small bowl; cover and refrigerate. Trim both ends of corn cobs, leaving husks from corn intact. Place the corn on a baking sheet. Bake at 450° for 20 minutes or until tender. Cool. Remove husks from corn; scrub silks from corn. Cut kernels from ears of corn; discard cobs.
3. Reserve 4 whole lettuce leaves. Chop remaining lettuce to measure 4 cups. Combine chopped lettuce, avocado mixture, corn, and radishes. Spoon lettuce mixture into lettuce leaves. Serve with Avocado-Herb Dressing.
1. Combine first 10 ingredients in a food processor; process until smooth. With the processor running, pour water, vinegar, and hot sauce through food chute, processing until blended. Store the dressing in an airtight container in refrigerator.
“Roasted Corn and Radish Salad with Avocado-Herb Dressing.” Cooking Light: Fresh, Fast, Food; Best Summer Recipes. Time Inc. Lifestyle Group. 2015. Print.