App of the Week: Marinated Feta Skewers
Jul 29, 2015 04:00PM ● Published by Cate Reynolds
Marinated Feta SkewersRhea’s Rundown
This snack is simple and tasty, and will only take you 10 minutes to make, plus 20 minutes to marinate the cheese. The marinade is a combination of lemon rind, fresh lemon juice, oregano, olive oil, and pepper, and so worth the wait. Sweet, juicy tomatoes are the perfect compliment. Use tomatoes in a variety of color for a beautiful presentation.
Ingredients – Serves 8
- 1 medium lemon
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh oregano
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 ounces feta cheese, cut into 16 cubes
- 16 small cherry or grape tomatoes
1. Grate rind from lemon; squeeze juice to equal 2 tablespoons. Combine rind, juice, oregano, oil, and pepper in a shallow dish. Add cheese; marinate at room temperature for 20 minutes, turning cheese over after 10 minutes. Drain. Arrange 1 tomato and 1 feta cube on each of 16 small skewers or party picks.
“Marinated Feta Skewers.” Cooking Light: Fresh, Fast, Food; Best Summer Recipes. Time Inc. Lifestyle Group. 2015. Print.