Salad of the Week: Herbed Watermelon, Feta, and Cucumber Salad
Aug 05, 2015 04:00PM
● By Cate Reynolds
Herbed Watermelon, Feta, and Cucumber SaladRhea’s Rundown
This 20-minute salad contrasts the sweetness of watermelon with salty feta cheese and tangy lime juice. I love the added crunch from the thinly sliced Vidalia onion and cucumber. Lime juice combines with olive oil, a little salt, fresh mint, and cilantro for a fresh and bright summer dish. Throw in a little yellow watermelon from the Stacked Watermelon dish to create an even more striking look.
Ingredients – Serves 6
- 6 cups watermelon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup coarsely chopped watercress
- ¾ cup thinly sliced Vidalia onion
- 1 medium English cucumber, sliced (about 3 cups)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 ounces reduced-fat feta cheese, crumbled (about 1/2 cup)
- Mint sprigs (optional)
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl. Combine mint and next 3 ingredients (through oil) in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add juice mixture and salt to watermelon mixture; toss gently to coat. Sprinkle with feta; garnish with mint sprigs, if desired.
“Herbed Watermelon, Feta, and Cucumber Salad.” Cooking Light: Fresh, Fast, Food; Best Summer Recipes. Time Inc. Lifestyle Group. 2015. Print.