App of the Week: Crab Stuffed Deviled Eggs
Aug 12, 2015 04:00PM
● By Cate Reynolds
Crab Stuffed Deviled EggsRhea’s Rundown
Deviled eggs are an easy go-to for any gathering and this recipe adds amazing flavors and a little heat. Tarragon, shallots, hot sauce, and cayenne pepper blend perfectly with the egg yolk and crabmeat. The recipes suggest adding Dijon mustard, and Old Bay for extra oomph. You can also try substituting basil for the tarragon.
Ingredients – Makes 16
- 8 large hard-boiled eggs, peeled
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 8 ounces crabmeat
- Fresh tarragon sprigs (optional)
1. Cut eggs lengthwise in half. Scoop out yolks. Place yolks from 4 eggs in medium bowl (reserve remaining yolks for another use). Mash yolks with fork.
2. Mix in mayonnaise, chopped tarragon, minced shallot, lemon juice, cayenne, and hot pepper sauce. Mix in crab. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
3. Mound crab mixture in cavity of each egg white half (about 1 heaping tablespoon for each). (Can be prepared 4 hours ahead. Cover and refrigerate.) Place crab-stuffed deviled eggs on platter. Garnish each with small tarragon sprig, if desired, and serve.
"Crab Stuffed Deviled Eggs." Bon Appétit. August 2015. Web. April 2002. .