Grilled Asian Flank Steak with Mango Salad
Sep 02, 2015 04:00PM ● Published by Cate Reynolds
Tender beef marinated in cilantro, sugar, fresh ginger, garlic, fish sauce, and soy sauce combines with a romaine and cabbage salad. The dressing is a combination of peanut butter, lime juice, water, and sugar. It’s a fantastically flavorful dish with a fun, crunchy texture to boot. This dish requires hands-on time of 17 minutes, and an overall time of 38 minutes. I used my favorite cut of steak, the flat iron.
Ingredients – Serves 4
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 5 teaspoons sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon lower-sodium soy sauce
- 1 (1-pound) flank steak, trimmed
- Cooking spray
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat peanut butter
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 3 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 2 cups shredded green cabbage
- ½ cup mint leaves
- ½ cup cilantro leaves
- ¼ cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 mango, peeled and diced
1. Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
2. Combine chopped cilantro, 1 tablespoon sugar, and next 4 ingredients (through soy sauce) in a large zip-top plastic bag. Add beef; let stand 15 minutes. Remove beef from marinade; reserve marinade.
3. Place beef on grill rack coated with cooking spray. Drizzle with reserved marinade. Grill 5 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Remove from grill; cover with foil. Let stand 5 minutes; cut across grain into thin slices.
4. Combine lime juice, 2 tablespoons water, peanut butter, remaining 2 teaspoons sugar, and pepper in a large bowl; stir with a whisk. Add lettuce and next 4 ingredients; toss to coat. Divide salad evenly among 4 plates; top evenly with mango. Serve with beef.
“Grilled Asian Flank Steak with Mango Salad.” Cooking Light: Fresh, Fast, Food; Best Summer Recipes. Time Inc. Lifestyle Group. 2015. Print.