Treat of the Week: Tapioca Pudding with Tropical Fruits
Sep 02, 2015 04:00PM ● Published by Cate Reynolds
Tapioca Pudding with Tropical FruitsRhea’s Rundown
Pearl tapioca is a gluten-free starch and is not nutritionally dense aside from some minerals and fiber. In this dish, however, it has immunity-boosting benefits with coconut milk and fresh fruits. It’s a subtly sweet and soothing treat that will cheer up your summer day.
Ingredients – Serves 4-6
- 4 cups water
- ½ cup small pearl tapioca
- ¼ cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 ripe mango, peeled and diced
- ½ ripe medium or large papaya, peeled, seeded and sliced
- Juice of 1 lime
- 4 teaspoons raw sugar
1. In a saucepan over high heat, bring the water to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium, add the tapioca and simmer gently until translucent, 12 to 15 minutes. Drain thoroughly through a fine-mesh sieve.
2. Put the tapioca in a bowl and add the coconut milk and granulated sugar. Stir to mix well and help dissolve the sugar. Cover and refrigerate until well chilled, at least 1 hour or up to 24 hours.
3. To serve, divide the pudding among dessert bowls and top with the mango and papaya. Drizzle with the lime juice, sprinkle with the raw sugar and serve immediately. Serves 4 to 6.
Jacobi, Dana. “Tapioca Pudding with Tropical Fruits.” Good for You: easy, healthy recipes for every day. Weldon Owen, Inc. and Williams-Sonoma, Inc. San Francisco, California. 2013.