Drink of the Week: Marionberry Mojito
Sep 09, 2015 04:00PM
● By Cate Reynolds
Marionberry MojitoRhea’s Rundown
Nothing says summer like summer like mojitos, and with marionberries to boot! Marionberries are like juicier, slightly more tart blackberries. If you can’t get a hold of them use blackberries instead. This drink is fantastic refreshment in just 8 minutes!
Ingredients – Serves 4
- ½ cup fresh mint leaves
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 4 ounces marionberries or blackberries (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 1/2 cup white rum (such as New Deal Distillery)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 cup club soda
- Additional marionberries and mint sprigs (optional)
1. Combine ½ cup mint, sugar, and 4 ounces marionberries in a cocktail shaker; mash with a muddler or wooden spoon until berries are broken down. Add ice cubes, rum, and juices to shaker; seal. Shake vigorously for 10 seconds. Strain mixture evenly into 4 glasses filled with ice; top each with ¼ cup club soda. Garnish with additional berries and mint, if desired.
“Marionberry Mojito.” Cooking Light: Summer Cookbook. Time Inc. Lifestyle Group. 2014. Print.