Drink of the Week: Marionberry Mojito
Sep 09, 2015 04:00PM ● Published by Cate Reynolds
Marionberry MojitoRhea’s Rundown
Nothing says summer like summer like mojitos, and with marionberries to boot! Marionberries are like juicier, slightly more tart blackberries. If you can’t get a hold of them use blackberries instead. This drink is fantastic refreshment in just 8 minutes!
Ingredients – Serves 4
- ½ cup fresh mint leaves
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 4 ounces marionberries or blackberries (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 1/2 cup white rum (such as New Deal Distillery)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 cup club soda
- Additional marionberries and mint sprigs (optional)
1. Combine ½ cup mint, sugar, and 4 ounces marionberries in a cocktail shaker; mash with a muddler or wooden spoon until berries are broken down. Add ice cubes, rum, and juices to shaker; seal. Shake vigorously for 10 seconds. Strain mixture evenly into 4 glasses filled with ice; top each with ¼ cup club soda. Garnish with additional berries and mint, if desired.
“Marionberry Mojito.” Cooking Light: Summer Cookbook. Time Inc. Lifestyle Group. 2014. Print.