Grilled Scallop Scampi with Arugula and Herb Salad
Sep 23, 2015 04:00PM ● Published by Cate Reynolds
Ingredients – Serves 4
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 24 sea scallops (about 1 ½ pounds)
- 16 lemon wedges
- ½ teaspoon salt, divided
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 3 cups baby arugula
- 1 cup packed fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- ¼ cup chopped fresh chives
1. Combine olive oil and garlic in a small saucepan over medium-high heat; cook 1 minute. Add wine; bring to a simmer. Remove pan from heat; stir in chopped parsley.
2. Thread 3 scallops and 2 lemon wedges onto each of 8 (4-inch) wooden skewers. Sprinkle with ¼ teaspoon salt and pepper.
3. Heat a grill pan over high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray; place skewers on pan. Grill 3 minutes; turn. Brush with half of olive oil mixture. Grill 3 minutes.
4. Combine arugula, parsley leaves, and chives in a large bowl. Divide arugula mixture evenly among 4 serving plates. Top each salad with 2 skewers. Drizzle with remaining olive oil mixture; sprinkle scallops with remaining ¼ teaspoon salt.
Adapted from: “Grilled Scallop Scampi Kebabs with Arugula and Herb Salad.” Cooking Light: Dinner Tonight. Time Inc. Lifestyle Group. 2015. Print.