Oct 07, 2015 04:00PM ● Published by Cate Reynolds
Who can say no to a 5-minute dish this gorgeous and tasty? The zero-effort involved is thanks to canned citrus salad and ready-to-eat beets. They get thrown together with a fresh dressing of orange rind, orange juice, olive oil, cumin, and a little salt and pepper. I used the same Love Beets from the Salad of the Week found in the Fall Greetings Column.
Ingredients – Serves 4
- ½ teaspoon grated orange rind
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (20-ounce) jar refrigerated citrus salad (such as Del Monte), drained
- 1 (8-ounce) package steamed, ready-to-eat beets, rinsed, drained, and cut into wedges
- ¼ cup shelled dry-roasted, unsalted pistachios
1. Combine first 6 ingredients; stir with a whisk. Add citrus and beets; toss gently. Sprinkle with pistachios.
“Beet-Citrus Salad with Pistachios.” Cooking Light: One-Dish Meals. Time Inc. Lifestyle Group. 2015. Print.