Endive Salad with Pear and Gorgonzola
Oct 07, 2015 04:00PM ● Published by Cate Reynolds
This simple yet flavorful salad only takes 12 minutes to put together. Endive leaves present beautifully with thinly sliced pears and Gorgonzola crumbles. I added frisée for a little more bulk. The dressing is tangy blend of walnut oil, sherry vinegar, Dijon mustard, sugar, salt, and pepper. My absolute favorite walnut oil is a premium roasted walnut oil from Season's Olive Oil and Vinegar Taproom. Substitute extra-virgin olive oil for walnut oil if necessary.
Ingredients – Serves 4
- 1 ½ tablespoons walnut oil
- 1 ½ teaspoons sherry vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 heads Belgian endive, trimmed, halved, and leaves separated
- 1 firm ripe red Bartlett pear, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 ounce Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled (about ¼ cup)
1. Combine first 6 ingredients in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk.
2. Arrange endive and pear on 4 salad plates. Drizzle with vinaigrette; top with Gorgonzola.
“Endive Salad with Pear and Gorgonzola.” Cooking Light: Dinner Tonight. Time Inc. Lifestyle Group. 2015. Print.