Kale Salad with Apple and Cheddar
Oct 07, 2015 04:00PM ● Published by Cate Reynolds
This salad is an easy way to start off any meal in just 7 minutes or less! Sweet apples and sharp cheddar is a classic combo and presents beautifully with the dark green Lacinato kale. The dressing is a simple combination of cider vinegar, olive oil, Dijon mustard, salt, and black pepper. The dressing from the endive salad would also work well.
Ingredients – Serves 6
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups chopped stemmed Lacinato kale
- 1 small sweet apple, thinly sliced
- 1 ounce shredded extra-sharp white cheddar cheese
1. Combine vinegar, olive oil, Dijon mustard, sugar, pepper, and salt in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add kale and apple; toss. Top with white cheddar cheese.
“Kale Salad with Apple and Cheddar.” Cooking Light: Soups & Stews, 100 Easy + Comforting Recipes. Time Inc. Lifestyle Group. 2015. Print.