Pork Cutlets with Wild Mushroom Marsala
Oct 14, 2015 04:00PM ● Published by Cate Reynolds
Make this simple take on a classic in just 20 minutes or less! Exotic mushrooms, Marsala wine, beef stock, and heavy whipping cream come together for an indulgent topping on tender pork cutlets. Serve with sautéed spinach or this week's Asparagus Farfalle. Note: You may need to pound down the pork beforehand for the desired thickness. I used the Kitchen Tool of the Week from the Bright and Lively Dishes column.
Ingredients – Serves 4
- 1 tablespoon canola oil, divided
- 3 (4-ounce) packages exotic mushroom blend
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- ¼ cup Marsala wine
- ½ cup unsalted beef stock
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 3/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 4 (4-ounce) pork cutlets (¼ inch thick)
1. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 teaspoon oil; swirl to coat. Add mushrooms and ¼ teaspoon salt; sauté 8 minutes. Add Marsala; cook 1 minute, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Add stock; bring to a boil, and cook 2 minutes. Remove pan from heat; stir in cream and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
2. Sprinkle cutlets with remaining ¼ teaspoon salt and remaining ¼ teaspoon pepper. Heat a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add remaining 2 teaspoons oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add cutlets; cook 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until done. Place 1 cutlet on each of 4 plates; top each serving with about ½ cup mushroom mixture.
“Pork Cutlets with Wild Mushroom Marsala.” Cooking Light: Super Simple Cooking. Time Inc. Lifestyle Group. 2015. Print.