The Look For Your Home: We turn to High Point Market’s Style Report for interior inspiration, laid out in four design trends
Feb 18, 2016 10:48AM ● Published by James Houck
Products highlighting the unique skillsets of furniture designers and artisans are in high demand, especially craftsmanship seen in delicate, hand-blown objet d’art, hand-carved case goods, and sculptural lighting pieces. This celebration of artisanal designs offer special elements that homeowners and designers can use to create stunning spaces.
1. Bernhardt Barcelona Console. Courtesy of Bernhardt.
2. John Strauss Console. Courtesy of John Strauss.
3. SkLO Sway Bowl. Courtesy of SkLO.
Interior décor and furnishings have been taking on a more collected feel and are now starting to pull from the two ultimate inspirations of the collected aesthetic: a global look with a vintage twist. Styles from the ’60s and ’70s are wearing a well-traveled look, resulting in an eclectic warmth and tribal style with a nod to the past that feels smartly curated.
1. Caracole Cabinet. Courtesy of Caracole.
2. CR Laine Elle Chair. Courtesy of CR Laine.
3. Arteriors Sconce. Courtesy of Arteriors.
4. Ro-Sham-Beaux Light. Courtesy of Ro-Sham-Beaux.
High Point Market has seen a movement toward simplification over the past year. This spring, however, expect to see a more glamorous approach to this new, simplified look. Whites, brass, and acrylics are trending as a twist on earthy whites and neutrals, giving interiors an ethereal feel. Upscale simplicity is the key to composing these elements in a luxurious look that is dynamic and modern, yet still crisp and unfussy.
1. Phillips Collection Mirror. Courtesy of Phillips Collection.
3. Century Furniture Console. Courtesy of Century Furniture.
Pretty is back in a big way according to High Point Market’s Style Report. Prettiness is a fresh, flirty take on traditional styling. Full of opulence and romance, it is seen in softer lines, curves, ruffles, jewel-like adornment, and pastel palette that can transform a room into a magical masterpiece.
1. Hooker Furniture Cynthia Rowley Table. Courtesy of Hooker Furniture.
2. John-Richard Quartz Figures. Courtesy of John-Richard.